6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

PERSONAL NEWS: Adventures In Light Rail #2: "Husband-Wife Becoming One."

.
TOP: Debra & Lester Finch.

Hi All,

Today I'm going to take a break from my regular blogging about gaming and funny crud and take a minute to count my blessings. One of my many blessings is being able to take public transport to work everyday... I avoid wear and tear on my car and riding rather than driving is stress-free: no traffic, no lights, no delays, no accidents, etc. Riding the Light Rail is a serious blessing for me.

The other big blessing is that riding the Light Rail helps me to connect with people. We all ride the train together everyday and the folks I ride with in my car know me and I know them. Everyday before or after work, I can expect my posse to greet me and ask about my day as well as me being able to ask about theirs. We chat about our jobs, life, our families, and all the important stuff. I get greeted by name like "Norm" on Cheers and it's a very positive part of my life. I feel like I have a family away from home and that I'm part of a community... something very important to me.

Well, one of the folks I see everyday is a certain Debra Finch, one of the nicest ladies I've ever known. Every SINGLE day, she greets me with a smile and we chat pleasantly for a few minutes before we each walk to our respective work places. And Debra's now inspiring me with one of the most generous things that one person can do for another: she's donating a kidney to her husband, who would otherwise not continue to live. All I can say is that that act of generosity is an amazing thing. May she and her family be blessed.

I'll be praying for the Finches and I'd be grateful for the prayers of any of my readers who would be kind enough to do so.
Surgery (Kidney Transplant) Date: September 10, 2007
Time: 8:00a.m.
Where: UC Davis Hospital

TEAM Members:
Debra L. Finch
Lester G. Finch, Jr.
Timothy J. Finch

Please pray for my friends or otherwise send positive vibes to them however you can.

Have a great Thursday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home