6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, August 13, 2007

FILMS: 1980s Flash Gordon Out On DVD!

.

TOP: The 1980s Flash Gordon movie rocked!

Hi All,

It's been a bit, but the classic 1980 Flash Gordon movie with Max von Sydow, Sam Jones, Tomothy Dalton, Brian Blessed and the cool Queen soundtrack is FINALLY out on DVD! Yahoo! I'm going to have to go out and get a copy... the 1980 Flash Gordon film is one of my all-time favorite movies... I remember wishing I was a Hawkman growing up!

TOP: I wished I was Brian Blessed's Prince Vultan, the Hawkman growing up.

You can find the International Movie Data Base (IMDB) entry on it here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080745/

TOP: This is my idea of a sci-fi villianess!

And here is a Wikipedia entry about the 1980 film:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Gordon_%28film%29

And another about the history of the whole Flash Gordon genre:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Gordon

And the other big news, which is a bit late, is that The Sci-fi Channel has funded a new Flash Gordon TV series, which started last week...

Learn more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Gordon_%282007_TV_series%29

TOP: A. New 2007 TV Flash played by Eric Johnson.TOP: B. Old 1980 movie Flash played by Sam J. Jones.TOP: C. Really old 1930's movie Flash played by Buster Crabbe.

Which Flash do you think is the coolest?

A. New 2007 TV Flash played by Eric Johnson.
B. Old 1980 movie Flash played by Sam J. Jones.
...or...
C. Really old 1930's movie Flash played by Buster Crabbe.

TOP: Should Ming be blond?
I don't think so.

The other bad news is that the new 2007 TV Ming the Merciless is now apparently a blond person. The producers were apparently too gutless and politically correct to allow a classic "Yellow Menace" Ming like the original authors intended. Bummer, I'll miss the Swedish-Asian Ming played by von Sydow.

TOP: I hope that the 2007 TV series updates the special effects.
...as much as I like Classic cigar-rocket ships.
...with fire crackers up their chutes.

Update (15 August 2007):
Found two new links cogent to the new Flash TV series:
http://blogs.mediavillage.com/sci_fi/archives/2007/07/flash_gordon_pi.html#comments

And here:
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=42432

Have a great Monday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home