6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

COOL STUFF: Babes In Space!

.
TOP: "Babes In Space," one of the coolest and GROOVIEST sites around!

Hi All,

One of the coolest finds I've made recently has been this outstanding site, "Babes In Space," of old science fiction magazine covers...

TOP: Winged metal hats and ray guns make my heart flutter. Her too!
I totally dig her hairdoo!

You can find the site here:
http://www.a23.com/babesinspace/contents.html

The sort of short-story-packed magazine covers that I liked even before I discovered girls... back in the days when rocket ships, ray guns, and bug-eyed aliens captivated me... in black and white!

TOP: I've always wanted to wake up to a "Gulliver's Travels" daydream like this one...
But with my luck, I'll end up on the "Planet Of the Crusty Crones"...

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!

TOP: I studied science in high school like nobody's business...
Hoping I could eventually make one of these robots.
Instead I ended up with rendered sugar candy on a rope.
And stuff my mom wouldn't let me keep in the fridge... or house.

UPDATE 9:21am:
A reader recommended this cool link:

And this one:

Thanks WW2-Fanatik!

Have a great Tuesday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home