6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: Ban's Adeptus Mechanicus Dropship!

. Bans' Adeptus Mechanicus Dropship in 6mm! ...with Space Marines!
Hi All,

Bans has done it again and imagineered something fantastic from cobbled-together trash with a few bitz to embellish that less flashy parts. Bans astonishes me with his creativity!

Here's Bans' commentary:

The front view of Bans' Adeptus Mechanicus Dropship.

Bans: Here you have my latest dropship! It was born from the synthesis of:
- The paper from some used (burned-out) firecrackers for the hull and engines.
- Two cannons provided by Otterman (Thanks, Otterman!).
- Some paint...
- And a little glue!

Bans: Very easy and cheap!!
The main idea is that we can IMAGINE anything with any material!

A better view of the **hand-painted** Adeptus Mechanicus logo.

Bans: The Mechanicus emblem was hard to do!

A side view of the Adeptus Mechanicus Dropship including its defensive armament.

Bans, as previously mentioned, is a talented illustrator and maintains a web site here:
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/risiweb/

Have a great Sunday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
I played a 28mm WHFB battles with Nils yesterday and lost. His Beast of Chaos army was able to score more victory points than my Vampire Counts army. However, I always say that if you're going to lose, beat the living heck out of the other player and I did!

P.S.S.
I haven't forgotten about the MWS report from June... it's still in the rough draft stage.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    He has done it again -another great and original piece by bans. I am most impressed with how effective his painted on details are. Mine always come out flat and unconvincing but looking at his bridge, its very realistic.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, July 01, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    I know the feeling... I can't get painted-on details to look good either.

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home