6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: Ban's Deluxe Dropship!

.One of Bans' deluxe 6mm bird feeder dropships!
Bans has the dropship photographed next to tiny 6mm Epic Space Marines figures.

Hi All,

One of my favorite forums on the 'Net is the Epicomms forum... Because I meet all kinds of nice folks there. And among those nice folks has been a unfailingly kind and talented fellow who goes by the nickname Bans. And Bans is TRULY talented. And not only does he share my passion for miniatures, but he's a talented illustrator as well... and has recently contributed a number of sketches to the latest version of Net Epic, the online community's version of the classic Epic Space Marine / Epic 40k game.

Just the other day ago at Epicomms, Bans shared these photos:

A front few of the 6mm bird feeder landing ship.

Here's what Bans has to say about his creations:

Remember the GW old days?

I made these dropships thinking about those days, when any bottle could be a city, a tank or whatever you imagined. The project was stopped because I'm now really satisfied with the paint job. Now I think that the two dropships look really fine. They aren't a great models, but they were easy and cheap to make.

The components list to make two cheap Imperial dropships:

- Two birds food box, or any plastic / card box...
- Card paper from the packets that you received via postal service (...the United States postal service boxes are the best!) with it you can cut the wings.
- Green stuff to finish the model.
- White wood glue to paint all the model when it's glued.

And here you have the results:

Bans likes GW's Imperial Fists Space Marine chapter if you hadn't noticed...

A rear view of the dropship with cool flaming engines!

A top view of these bird feeder beauties!

Ban, as previously mentioned, is a talented illustrator and maintains a web site here:

If you're looking for an illustrator, he'd probably be interested in some sketch work and I can help put you in contact with him if you'd like.

Have a great Saturday!

Shabbat Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
I can't wait for the MWS meeting later today!
http://www.freewebs.com/mwssacto/

P.S.S.
Epicomms link:
http://www.epic40k.co.uk/

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home