6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, June 25, 2007

GAMING NEWS: 28mm Undead Invade My Work Bench!

. The 28mm Undead invade my work bench! Aaahhhh!

Hi All,

I worked on miniatures this past weekend as well some other activities such as visiting the local Rennaissance Faire, which wasn't all that exciting this year. Lots of cleavage in tight bodices, overly fried foods guaranteed to give indigestion, lots of folks speaking with fake-o British accents and you pretty much have the Faire summed up.

My work bench.
Gamers Union #1031 insists that the "cluttered look" is the ONLY way to go!

I don't think I'll have any problems fielding 1,500 or even 2,000 WHFB points... and maybe more.

My flocking section along with files. And, yes, I love that huge rusty file!

The collection is pretty gnarly... you could say I resurrected the remains of all sorts of undead toss-outs, bargain bin specials, and the accumulated left-overs of about half a year's worth of looking and E-bay scavenging. I have all sorts of GW, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Broadsword, Essex, Magnificent Egos, D&D Chainmail lead, D&D plastic collectible figs, Rackham Confrontation, Pewtercraft and only the good Lord has any idea who manufactured some of the rest of the figs.

Posters are important. I have CAV, Serenity, Monster Island, and a map of the Middle East!

Quite a few were conversion casualties I found in bitz bins and healed back up to fighting trim with the application of spare parts AKA bitz and generous amounts of vigor-restoring superglue.

The skeleton archer on the far right came headless...
So I gave him a spare Reaper demonic skull...

Many thanks to Nils and others who have generously contributed to The Mighty Necromancer Maksimok's shambling hordes...

Oy! I have ghouls loose among my glue and ink... bloody blighters!

I took these few snapshots to share with the gang and my blog visitors. I'm really looking forward to hauling the army out to play with Nils, the DotD gamers, Harry & Terry, and the rest of the Sacramento WHFB scene as time and the local DotD campaign allows. We're playing a Lustria campaign... a day late and a Dollar short.

The dismembered undead awaiting the elixir of glue while being guarded by zombies...

Uuunnnhhhh... BRAINS!

There are quite a few gnarly characters here... BOO!

Have a great Monday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
Litko rocks! I'm using Litko cut wooden bases with all of my figs. I have thin steel sheet under them so I can store my figs magnetically.

Link here:
http://www.litkoaero.com/products.php

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:57 PM, June 25, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Love the zombie mate- very grusome. You'll have a "Brains Crusade" on your hand in no time. I like the grim Reaper figs in particular.

     
  • At 5:20 AM, June 26, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    Uuuunnnnhhhh... BRAINS!

    Ozzie brains taste best!

    Thanks for writing, mate. Good vibes to you!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, June 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn your desk is clean and tidy! Where can I get one like that ;) I love this project though, it makes me want to go back to my 90% reaper Warhammer Undead army from back in the day!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, June 28, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Neldoreth!

    Thanks for writing!

    You must have some REAL ideas about clutter and mess if my work bench seems clean and tidy to you.

    And, yes, 28mm fantasy skirmish undead are a lot of fun! It's hard not to love the boney folks.

    All the best to you and yours!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home