6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, March 06, 2006

NEWS: Test Your Geography!

Hi Everyone,

The other day ago I came across this while I heard a story about a Colorado geography teacher who hadn't been teaching geography. It was a sad story, but what I did get from it was this cool program that quizes you on country locations. Check it out and enjoy:

http://www.mccollam.com/fun/geoquiz/

And I'm happy to report that I scored 90% or above on all of the tests but ones on individual country areas such as the actual location of the States in the USA and other such subnational political divisions.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
If you run into countries that you've never heard of, you can learn more about them here:

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/is.html

Just click on the box in the top left and a whole list of countries will scroll down.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home