6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, February 10, 2006

HUMOUR: A Priest, a Rabbi, and a Mullah meet at a conference about religion...

Hi Guys,

I just recently read this joke... and from this place among all others... in an article written by a Canadian Lesbian Muslim Moderate Reformer Refugee From Idi Amin's Repressive Dictatorship (...what a mouthful!):

A priest, a rabbi, and a mullah meet at a conference about religion, and afterward are sitting around discussing their different faiths. The conversation turns to the topic of taboos.

The priest says to the rabbi and the mullah, "You guys can't tell me that you've never eaten pork."

"Never!" intones the rabbi.

"Absolutely not!" insists the mullah.

But the priest is skeptical. "Come on, not even once? Maybe in a fit of rebellion when you were younger?"

"Okay," confesses the rabbi. "When I was young, I once nibbled on bacon."

"I admit it," the mullah laughs (not excessively). "In a fit of youthful arrogance, I sampled a pork chop."

Then the conversation turns to the priest's religious observances. "You can't tell me you've never had sex," says the mullah.

"Of course not!" the priest protests. "I took a vow of chastity."

The mullah and the rabbi roll their eyes.

"Maybe after a few drinks?" the rabbi teases.

"Perhaps, in a moment of temptation, your faith waned?" the mullah wonders.

"Okay," the priest confesses. "Once, when I was drunk in seminary school, I had sexual relations with a woman."

"Beats pork, huh?" say the rabbi and the mullah.


Here's a link to Irshad Manji's web site as well as the article in which I read her joke:

http://www.muslim-refusenik.com/

http://www.mideasttruth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4045

I really enjoyed the article and was pleasanty surprised by her positive attitude even if I don't agree with 100% of her political thought. I'm still glad that someone can be so positive about such a serious dilemma facing our world. Good for her!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home