6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: The Undead Re-visit My Workbench (2 August 2007)

.
TOP: My work bench is being overrun with the undead... and cactus!

Hi All,

My photo editing program finally went bad so I need to find a new one... if anyone has ideas which editing software is good or where I can find trial or free versions for downloading, please let me know! Many of these photos are overexposed, which is easily fixable with good editing software.

So, here goes with a few projects on my work bench:

TOP: I like these old Essex skeleton sculpts with over sized heads!

Mostly I've been working on my undead army, putting together new pieces, cleaning old ones, priming, base-texturing and the like. The above three undead fellows are Essex 28mm sculpts of which few photos exist. They are attractive sculpts although they have very oversize heads sort of like Adler figures in 6mm.

TOP: This is the "Gnarly Ancient Ones" undead company.

And I've made enough trade to have a really gnarly collection of very old 1970s and 1980s skeleton, zombie and assorted other undead sculpts (...vampires, ghouls, banshees, spirits, etc.) including some of the figures in the above photo. There are a few Grenadiers, an old Citadel or two, a Pewtercraft, some Ral Partha's, and several sculpts I can't seem to identify. I want to extend a special thanks to Matthew H. AKA Mr. Mysterioso from TMP who traded me several very cool old sculpts.

TOP: Some old Grendel Egyptian archaeological pieces along with a Reaper statue.

And the last project on my work bench is one for my mother... you see, she loves Egyptology and many years ago in the early 1990s, I bought her an Egyptian terrain set as a gift, which she recently re-discovered and would like to paint. The rub is she doesn't like gluing, pinning, or filling in gaps ...so I volunteered to get that done for her and then prime the pieces. Pretty cool stuff, almost tempting enough for me to want to get into the Egyptian theme... but I'll resist for now.

Have a great Thursday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 AM, August 04, 2007, Blogger Kid Various said…

    Hey,

    What giant is that back there by the cactus in the first picture?

    Is it skeletal?

     
  • At 8:35 AM, August 04, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi KV,

    Thanks for writing.

    There's several larger undead figures in view:

    - Large Undead Necromancer (Far Right - Maybe old Grenadier or a cottage industry sculpt?)
    - Large Undead Minotaur (Right - I've heard this piece is Reaper, but it was unmarked when I bought it in a trade...)
    - Large Undead Screaming Skeleton (Far Left - This is an old Ral Partha piece.)

    If you mean the "Large Undead Necromancer," yes, it is skeletal with robes.

    Shabbat Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home