6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, June 22, 2007

GAMING NEWS: The Red Mikos Inn!

. The Red Mikos Inn.

Welcome, welcome to The Red Mikos Inn, weary traveler,

Come on in and we'll tell you a little tale... Take a load off and meet some of the Inn's other guests:


Some 28mm fantasy figures from the collection of Mikos... or George.

Perhaps we can offer you a fine meal from the Inn's kitchen?

The Inn's kitchen.

Or maybe you'd like to dine in a private cubicle? ...for a small fee... perhaps?

A private dining cubicle within the Inn.

Or maybe you'd like to dine in the common hall?

The common hall in front of a roaring fireplace.

Or perhaps you need a room for the night? Private ones cost extra.

Two private rooms within the inn. Most guests sleep on the floor of the common hall.

Maybe you're just back from a tough battle and need to visit The Apothecary of Mad Markus across the lane:

The Apothecary of Mad Markus!

Who is known to carry all sorts of exotic victuals, herbs, goodes, and even, it's rumored, spell components for the right price:

The first floor shop front of the Apothecary.

Few ever make it to the apothecary's second floor, but just maybe, you might:

Rumours fly that all sort of illicit business is conducted on the second floor...

So, pray tell, traveler, tell us what ye might need.

-------

I get a great deal of enjoyment from miniatures gaming and although we all admire the eye candy, gaming's really about the friends you game with and I'm blessed to regularly game with such a nice crowd as Vynnie, Mikos, George, and quite a few others. We played a 28mm fantasy game earlier this year in March and Mikos shared this terrain from his collection. George also provided much and Vynnie is always generous to host and make sure we're well stocked with trees, figures and whatever else we need.

I was inspired to write this post after reading this post at TMP:

URL: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=111778

I'm in the process of scratch building some Medieval town buildings.

Does anyone have pictures of Medieval building interiors?

I'm looking of for taverns, inns, houses, shops, etc. It is for 25mm, but as long as it has enough detail, I'm for it. I've found lots of pictures of exteriors, but interiors are harder to come by. I'd appreciate any feedback.

- Ryan.

So, I hope this post helps you out, Ryan.

The base buildings are Armorcast although there are some Grendel terrain pieces and the details come from many different sources including doll house bits, miniatures bits, model kit bits, and the like. Mikos is a whiz with conversions and is always looking for something to add that extra touch to enhance our miniatures gaming experiences.

-------

Have a great Friday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
Please check out my new Displaced Miniatures gallery here:
http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Maksim-Smelchak/galleries.html

I have 28mm Pig Wars Arabs up today from this past weekend's MWS gaming club meet. I still haven't quite figured out the DM framework, but it seems good so far and I'll figure it out with time.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:34 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger El Grego said…

    Hi Maksim,

    Great photos of the inn; and thanks for posting a link to my blog!


    Greg

     
  • At 10:05 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Great scenery - perfect for DnD RPG fun too!

     
  • At 10:07 PM, June 22, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    I see that today one of your featued game collection items is "War in the Ice" - whats it like? I always wanted to play it as an OGRE style game in my Pan{ac alliance setting :-)

     
  • At 6:15 AM, June 23, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Greg,

    I think your site is class.

    And you're welcome for the link. I always appreciate a cross-link back from someone I link if you're up to it.

    All the best to you!

    Shabbat Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, June 23, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    "War In the Ice" is a simple great game... it would be a great setting for OGRE or BOLO games.

    I may have an extra copy; if so, I'll send it to you.

    Thanks for writing!

    Shabbat Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, June 24, 2007, Blogger Lis said…

    Hi Maks

    Nice minis pictured! Brought back memories of my wanderings in Shrewsbury. Keep up the wonderfully eclectic blog. It has a nice balance.

    shalom,

     
  • At 6:26 PM, June 25, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Lis,

    Thanks for writing.

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home