6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MINI WARGAMING: "Samurai on the Bench" (19 August 2009)

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that it's been nearly a year since I last posted... Life really has a way f happening when it does. Wjat have I been up to? ...mostly buying a house, taking care of a home, having my heart broken, dating again, and all of the rigors of life... That and my camera has been on the fritz...

I continued gaming, mostly board games, and I've discovered Facebook, which is much easier than blogging. The local miniatures club, MWSS, continues to host monthly games, my monthly D&D group is still going strong in Eberron, and Mark Steinberg's Friday meets are still great...

Unfortunately, my friend Tony Mark, recently passed away... May he rest in peace. He was a great guy, had equal disdain for all gaming clubs, which I always enjoyed back in the great gaming club schism of the past. He will be missed. Gary, at Great Escape Games, one of our local brick and mortar gaming shops hosted a big gaming get together a few weekends back for him...

And, it was only yesterday that I got my work bench fully reestablished and started working on 28mm samurai again... I had been previously working on a variety of mini projects at my buddy George's house. Thanks, George, for lending me your space! With any luck, I'll get a digital camera going again and share some photos... Until then...

Have a great Wednesday!
And good gaming to you!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (...if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, August 19, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to have you back. Been going through some stuff myself so have dropped off the radar as well.

    Sorry to hear about your friend, look forward to seeing the pictures of your new work!

     
  • At 9:26 AM, August 19, 2009, Blogger El Grego said…

    Condolences for your loss, and a welcome back to the blog.


    Greg

     
  • At 2:43 PM, August 21, 2009, Blogger Lasgunpacker said…

    Great to hear that you are back in the game so to speak!

    I certainly know how much time a house can suck up, since I have managed to pain a single 15mm company in nearly 6 months. (that is to say, only 10 figures)

    Anyway, looking forward to more posts as you get going again, hopefully to include some 6mm work.

     
  • At 2:12 AM, August 28, 2009, Blogger Buddy Richards said…

    Good to see you in good health and back in action, Maksim!
    I'm a new reader to your blog, having just last week read it in the entirety. What luck you decide to post now, eh?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, September 06, 2009, Blogger tim said…

    looking forward to seeing those Samurai! I've been working on a few myself!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, September 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back!

    We got so worried about what might have happened to you some of us sent out a search party, unfortunately they walked past a games shop and we haven't heard from them since.

    I've started a 6mm blog, have a look and see what you think.

    pip pip

     
  • At 1:27 AM, October 12, 2010, Blogger inrepose said…

    Hi Maksim, Your blog has been a little quite. Have you put 6mm gaming on hold for a while? I found some great new roads to build a city area. Have a look at the blog www.gruntz.biz Robin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home