6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: "Chain Reaction Rules For FREE!" (18 November 2007)

.
TOP: Chain Reaction 2.0, now FREE!
Hi All,

Two Hour Wargames and all of their rule sets have become an icon in the gaming industry... relatively simply, fast-playing rules that play well. And, even better, they're pretty near universally liked. At least, I like them and nearly everyone I game with also has good things to say about them.

And the cool news is now, Two Hour Wargames, is offering their rules for FREE! News below:

CHAIN REACTION 2.0 FOR FREE?!

What the...? But that's a new game ain't it? You're kidding, right?
Yep it is and no we're not kidding.

Then what am I missing and why is it free???!!!
Simple. When CR 2.0 came out it was great for generic gaming in lots of periods. Well, now there's loads of games that deal with specific periods. 5150, All Things Zombies, NUTS!, FNG...

So to get you into the current THW system we decided to give it away. Because if you like it then you'll check out the others.

So what's the catch?
No catch. We just want to provide gamers with a free sample of what Two Hour Wargames is currently about.

What about figures, do we have to use yours?
Heck no. In fact, with all rules from Two Hour Wargames you can use any figures that you want. Even those cool ones from that other set of rules that ended up in your closet. Just dig them out and put them to use.

Well what if I like them and want to check out more Two Hour Wargames?
Simple. Just download CR 2.0 and give it a try. Join the
THW Yahoo Group by following the link and ask questions. Once you feel comfortable check out the rest of the THW site and see if anything is interesting. So what are you waiting for?

Lastly:
Before we get on with the freebees, a reminder about the
Two Hour Wargames Yahoo group! - If you have ANY questions about ANY Two Hour Wargames, including the freebies, then head to the group where you'll find around 2000 gamers, as well as the THW authors, ready to answer any questions you might have, no matter how silly they sound!

One of the other things I can say about Ed Teixeira and the Two Hour Wargames (THW) online community is that they are an exceptionally friendly and helpful group. A friend recommended that I E-mail Ed awhile back when I was looking for advice on creating my own rule set and I did, to which Ed E-mailed me back and was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The THW Yahoo group is just as good with plenty of obliging folks.

I guess all I can say now is: Go check out THW!

And here are a few links:

Two Hour Wargames web site:
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/twohourwargames/freecr2.html

Two Hour Wargames Yahoo Discussion E-group:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/twohourwargames/

TMP news announcement:
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/457620/

TMP discussion thread about this news:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=125054

And I owe a vote of thanks to my buddy Nils for sharing this news with me:

Thanks, Nils!

Have a great Sunday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home