6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

WEIRD NEWS: Star Wars EVERYWHERE!

.Whose your Sith daddy now, punk?
Love the SCUD in the background... Classic!

Hi Everyone,

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Like alot of folks out there, I'm a big Star Wars fan and it never ceases to amaze me just how much of a pop icon Star Wars has become and the lengths to which Star Wars fans will take their fan-dom.

I recently read an article about a church / cathedral in the United States which erected a Darth Vader gargoyle on its roof.

Darth will scare away ill spirits...
He might even come back as a blue shimmering ghost...

And Star Wars has even invaded Israeli politics:

This one just makes me chuckle...

And even the US Postal office is getting in on the act:

Who knew that R2 had a cousin in the Postal Service?
Recycled droids?

All I can say is:

May the Force be with you!

Have a great Thursday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures: These are not all my images. I am using various images from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home