6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

GAMING NEWS: Five Seconds of Fame: Thanks, Jeff!

. Jeff's daughter designed / inspired this awesome Simian Martial Arts Master!

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, despite a cruddy day at work, I received a very pleasant surprise:

The author of a blog that I absolutely love linked back to my humble little gaming blog here!
Thanks, Jeff!

Find his link here:
http://jrients.blogspot.com/2007/04/im-thinking-of-number-between-4-and-6.html

All I can say is that I'm flattered and honored to be thought worthy.

Jeff has GREAT taste in movies!

Jeff wrote:

6mm Minis - One of my favorite miniatures blogs. Great photos. Not just 6mm scale.

Here's what I think of Jeff and why you should take a gander at his charming little blog when you get a chance:

Jeff Rients has a wonderful sense of whimsy, a great sense of humor and an encyclopedic knowledge of:
- Comic books (particularly wacky ones)
- Classic old RPG (Roleplaying Game) products of the 1970s and 80s
- Classic gaming artists of the 1970s and 80s
(I share his love of good illustrations...)

His blog never fails to amuse and entertain me whether he features:
- Pictures of his kids in Halloween costumes
(...at least I hope the costumes were for Halloween!)
- His whimsical drawings guaranteed to cheer me up
- A sampling from his rather eclectic musical tastes
(...including videos as often as not)
- Yet another mention of STAR WARS
- His really great, engaging writing skills
- Descriptions of his gaming experiences
(...including some pretty wacky-fun RPG campaigns)
- And so much more...

Jeff's mutant Ninja-kin nephew... love his family photos!

And, perhaps, best of all, I love his self description line:

ABOUT ME: Jeff Rients

Farm boy who wanted to grow up, go to the Academy, and join the Rebellion. Ended up a banker instead. Go figure.

Hey, I told you that Jeff has a goofy off color taste in comics...

Have a great Thursday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures: These are not all my images. I am using various images from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home