6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

GAMING NEWS: R.I.P. Scott.

. Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, Scott didn't make it. May he rest in peace and may his family be consoled by the community that rallied behind him.

I'm including a photo from a "Weeping Willow Memorial" in Budapest that came to mind...

Tony visited him:

I visited with Scott and his family today. Scott was not conscious. Everyone is upset including me.We are hanging in there.
Tony M.
And Mark made the announcement today:

Friends,
Well, despite our prayers, our good friend, Scott Hayes, veteran of many a war game, has passed away. Our thoughts are with his family. He will be sorely missed.
I will let you know the details of the memorial service.
Mark A. Steinberg.
I suppose in one way that having a friend pass away on your birthday (Today is mine... Halloween) is a bad thing, but in another way, it's a good thing because as I understand it, Scott was in pain and not even conscious near the end so I'm glad that his pain is over and he'll soon be in a better place if he isn't there already.

------

And a little news I shared over at the Epicomms boards with a bunch of fellow gamers and friends were kind enough to wish me the best on my day:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the happy wishes.

I'm still keeping up my blog...

My roommate bought me a copy of a movie we love yesterday "Office Space"...

And I've been playing this silly little game called "Swords & Sandals" here:

http://www.playaholics.com/play/swordsandsandals/

I have been going crazy with my hobby stuff lately...

- Took 2nd place in a Dreamblade tournament this past weekend with an army of left-overs I made from a buddy's cast-offs... It's good to be me sometimes! LOL

- Working on a 28mm Skeleton Pirate army made of bargain bin pirates for a friend who invited me to join their WHFB Lustria campaign AND lent me a Vampire Counts army! Wanted to do a little something in return... build him a new unit as thanks.

- Making good on the New Years resolution to get a new city board ready... well on the way to 1'x1' foot square of based buildings and city flats... I'm not sure if I'll have it ready before the end of the year, but I have all of the pieces set side for a big kaiju / Godzilla "stomp the city" game ready... planning to run one at ConQuest Sac 2007 (April 2007)...

- Still working on my long-enduring 6mm sci-fi Epic Jopalli army... found an old friend who does resin molds and casting and am working on some unique flyers for the army...

- Also have 6mm ancients historical and fantasy armies on the bench as well as...

- 6mm Napoleonics waiting in arms...

- And lastly off the top of my mind and memory of the top of my workbench, I have several 10mm sci-fi armies that have been based for ASQL (Alien Squad Leader)... GROPOS, Star Wars - Hoth, Starsiege and a few others...

So, my hobby life has been good...

I've also been kept busy working on the new Baccus Sci-fi rules... Peter wants them out VERY SOON... before the end of November!

I can only hope that the rest of you are doing as well...

Although the thing I'd like best would be for all of the old friends here to reunite, leave behind old differences and get down to what is important... our longlasting friendships and common hobby interests! Omayn! It should be such!

Have a Happy Halloween!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures: These are not all my images. I am using various images from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home