6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, October 20, 2006

GAMING NEWS: The Road Warrior in Washington...

. Hi Everyone,

You ever have one of those friends who is simply car-obsessed? Someone who not only enjoyed the "Road Warrior" AKA "Mad Max," but can quote entire lines from it... with even the tone of speech right?

Well, I have such a friend only he's sort of the Christian high Octane version of the Road Warrior. His name is Joel and the poor guy's not been too high on his luck until just recently... He just got a job in Washington and has hit the road again...

Hiya Maks!
Great to hear from you guys. You wouldn't believe how busy I've been. Somebody finally decided to give me a job in Washington last month, so here I am. I'm in a town called Port Ludlow. I've forwarded some E-mails to you that I sent to my mom, "Grizzly Tim" and his squaw. The "Job" was kind of a rush thing. They needed somebody right now like RIGHT NOW so I packed up the Pontiac, added on the Nitrous injectors and hit the road. I'm also sending some photos I took out the window of my battlewagon and will send more whenever the heck I can. I'd love to see some more of the local gaming scene and even ol' Leopold. I've been enjoying the game coverage on your blog. Talk to you soon if the buzzards don't get you. Shalom!

Tiny disclaimer: This E-mail may have been slightly modified by Maks under the cover of bad humour.

Joel is a very talented mechanic and I'm sure that he's already began to acquire grease, oil and other unidentifiable grit under his fingernails while turning wrenches in Port Ludlow, Washington... whereever the heck that is. And I can certainly empathize... you see, I used to be a bit of a mechanic myself... turned wrenches on I don't know how many Volkswagens (The "buggy" types) and even rebuilt an ol' Harley Sportster back in the day...

But back to gaming, Joel was one of the cornerstones of the local gaming community at one time... ran our Necromunda campaign, played the near hopeless Orkz in our Epic-40k campaign, ran one of the best BFG (Battle Fleet Gothic) campaigns I've ever enjoyed, and never gave up on Starfleet Battles even when the rest of us gave up after having found ourselves lost in the umpty-zillion three-ring binders of the old SFB... good guy and great gamer! We'll miss him much.

Well, one of Joel's other great loves were the old big-gunned naval warwagons of W.W.I and W.W.II. There were times it seemed as if Joel knew every nut and bolt of those old warwagons... I know I always looked for battlewagon swag for Joel when I poked my way through used book stores. There was many a time I picked up a W.W.I dreadnought book for him when I had the chance...

Well, luckily for Joel, Mongoose Publishing is getting ready to come out with their WWII naval clash game:

Victory at Sea!

Bill over at TMP was good enough to publish an announcement of the upcoming game over at TMP:

Victory at Sea is the game of naval combat during the Second World War. Throughout 1939-45, the nations of the world duelled across the oceans of the world, only to discover the fundamental nature of naval warfare changing in the face of developing technologies. Now you can play out these confrontations on the tabletop with entire fleets drawn from the Royal Navy, U.S. Navy, Kriegsmarine or any one of the many other nations featured in Victory at Sea.

From skirmishes involving single destroyers hunting down merchantmen to the clashing of allied fleets against implacable enemies, Victory at Sea is your ticket to exciting battles that take place in the oceans of World War II.

Victory at Sea will be available in your local stores from December 11th, but you can grab a short preview from our website!

Many thanks to Bill and his excellent site, TMP, which I have linked here at my blog. I also have some experience with Mongoose Publishing and can highly recommend their fine product.

You can check out Bill's original post here:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/787737

And who could bring up "Mad Max" in conversation without sharing a few choice links:

These guys are THE source on the muscle machines of the Road Warrior:

http://tinyurl.com/du6yq

This guy built a rock'in model of the Road Warrior Interceptor:

http://tinyurl.com/y3of8d

Check out some fine 28mm Road Warrior vehicles from Second City here:

http://tinyurl.com/v7apn

And who wouldn't want a remote-controlled Interceptor?

http://tinyurl.com/y4p6j9

------

Have a great Friday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
Check out this piece of miniatures cheesecake from my friend Marcus at http://www.skankgame.com/:


Notes regarding photos / pictures: These are not all my images. I am using various images from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home