6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

HOLIDAYS: "Happy Chanukkah 2007! - Part 1" (4 December 2007)

.
TOP: Chanukkah ham, anyone? LOL
Hi All,

Well, the holiday season is officially here: Christmas is around the corner and Channukah is already here. Chanukkah has always been the holiday that starts the season to me... it's true that Thanksgiving comes first and the abominable, yet lovable, flood of Christmas tunes that flood the radio start sometime around Thanksgiving (...early this year in my neck of the woods), but Chanukkah has a more festive spirit... After all, how can you NOT like a holiday where jelly donuts (Sufiganyot) and potato pancakes (Latkes) take front and center?

The above graphic is of one of those special moments when cultures collide and multiculturalism takes its true meaning, that of a good chuckle or two. I especially like the juxtaposition of "Boneless Spiral Ham - Delicious For Chanukah!" If ham was just a wee bit more kosher, it would almost be tempting... LOL

And a special thanks to my friend Stacy for sending the cool graphic above.

To learn more about Chanukkah, please check out this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanukkah

Have a great Tuesday!
And Happy Chanukkah!
Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home