6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

COOL VIDEO: "RIP: Evel Knievel Rides His Last Bike To Heaven" (2 December 2007)

.
TOP: Evel Knievel doing his STUFF!
Hi All,

Evel Knievel was more than an icon, he was a household name in 1970's, which was a noteworthy decade in my life. We all knew who he was and admired the cahones he had to do the death-defying stunts he did. And as you have probably already heard, Evel passed away just the other day ago... may he rest in peace. I'll never forget him and all the good memories I have of him.

This post is my tribute to him as well as a "carnival" (link collection) for those who are interested.

Here are some Evel videos:


BOTTOM: Here he is jumping 11 Mack trucks, with Howard Cossell and Don Meredith providing the play by play, February 17, 1974 in North Richland Hills, TX.
BOTTOM: Another appearance on Wide World of Sports that didn’t go so well. May 31, 1975 in Wembley Stadium in London, attempting to jump 13 double-decker buses.
BOTTOM: Here’s the Snake River Canyon stunt, September 8, 1974.
BOTTOM: Some biographical video through the years and the jump at King’s Island.

And here are some Evel links:

Evel Knievel
Official Site link:
http://www.evelknievel.com/index2.html

A special thanks to Bryan who collected all of the videos I shared:
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/12/01/videos-the-end-of-the-run-for-evel-knievel/

Answers Dot Com bio for Evel:

Wikipedia link for Evel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evel

TOP: There's a little EVEL in all of us!
ABC Sports article here:
http://espn.go.com/abcsports/wwos/knievel/QandA.html

USA Today article here:

Time
article here:

Yahoo Reuters
article here:

Yahoo AP
article here:

Rest in peace, Evel Knievel!

Have a great Sunday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, December 02, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    RIP indeed- he certainly was the most famous of all stunt men when I was a lad too

     
  • At 5:55 PM, December 15, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hey Tas,

    It's amazing how many people knew of Evel Knievel... a Russian friend of mine wrote from Mongolia and mentioned that some of his neghbors started reading my blog after he mentioned and remarked to him about it.

    I can only imagine some Mongolian guy in a yurt with his generator-powered TV watching re-runs on Evel in the 1980s!

    Small world!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home