6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

HOLIDAYS: Happy 4th of July 2007!

.
May the Stars and Stripes long wave and bring goodness to the world!
Hi All,

Today is a momentous day - The Fourth of July, a major holiday in the the USA, for it was the day that back in 1776, the US declared independence from Great Britain. And ever since, the USA has been a major force for good in the world. Not perfect, but it's hard to imagine a disaster to which the US didn't send aid or a distressed people who haven't seen some of their ranks find solace upon the shores of America. My relatives, for one, found solace upon these shores and have prospered ever since. I can also never forget the role the USA played in defeating Hitler's Third Reich... and rebuilding Europe afterwards... or the role the USA played in defeating Communism along with the great distresses it visited upon my many Russian and Ukrainian friends. For all of these things I am profoundly grateful. Thanks, USA!

Happy Fourth of July to all my American readers!

May America continue to be a force for good on this world of ours!

And as a special treat for my male readers, I am including some patriotic "gratuitous babes" as an extra way was of saying "Go USA!"

Long may the Stars and stripes wave... and be draped over such heavenly apparitions!

If you'd like to learn more about the Fourth of July, please follow this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_of_july

May all of my non-American readers have a great Wednesday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home