6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: 28mm Undead Return To My Workbench (3 October 2007)

.
TOP: Another skeletal regiment ready for battle!
... except for a bit of texturing and painting of the bases!

Hi All,

I've been sick the last few days hence the paucity of posts, but I did take advantage of my sick day to do a little modelling... particularly on the 28mm undead army I've been working on. I'm rebasing all of my figs onto Litko bases from GW plastic ones. I like the look much better and, in the process, I'm adding metal bottoms so I can store my figures magnetically.

TOP: Skeletal crossbowmen, you can never have enough!

I have also been working on some conversions and have started experimenting with green stuff sculpting... the early experiments aren't very promising, but Rome wasn't built in a day either.

One of the things I really love about the undead is how easy it is to convert them... Take an old figure, preferably a cheap used one, lop the head off, replace it with a skull or zombie head and:

VOILA! New undead troops swell the ranks!

I have been buying a whole bunch of walking corpse figures (...used figures that others had cannibalized for arms, heads, legs, weapons, etc.) at swap meets and they're now picking up new zombie or skull heads, arms, and legs from my bitz box... I converted half a dozen new zombies for my undead army yesterday, but the piccies turned out like crud, so I'll have to share them later this week.

And at this rate, my lifelong dream of recreating "Army of Darkness" in 28mm just might yet happen! Long "live" the Deadites!

Have a great Wednesday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home