6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: 28mm Converted Zombies! (4 October 2007)

.
TOP: Alakazaam alakazoo! ...from 25mm fantasy fig garbage to ZOMBIES!
Hi All,

One of the things I really love about the undead is how easy it is to convert them... Take an old figure, preferably a cheap used one, lop the head off, replace it with a skull or zombie head and:

VOILA! New undead troops swell the ranks!

I have been buying a whole bunch of walking corpse figures (...used figures that others had cannibalized for arms, heads, legs, weapons, etc.) at swap meets and they're now picking up new zombie or skull heads, arms, and legs from my bitz box... I converted half a dozen new zombies for my undead army yesterday and have a bunch of other lead miniature wrecks of 25mm to 28mm fantasy figures awaiting the zombification process... MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

TOP: They're a not-so-pretty bunch, ain't they, sonny?
TOP: I love this convert from a puny stub of a 25mm fantasy fig...
...missing an arm and with a big gouge in his former head...
...to a fine looking zombie swordsman!

And this wouldn't be a Maksim-Smelchak post if I didn't share a link or two as is my wont:

Fat Goblin's
ultra-cool Modern Zombie Guide:

Shelldrake's
zombie wargame blog:

Matakishi-Paul's
awesome zombie pages:
And...
Papa Midnight's amazing Displaced Miniatures zombie galleries:

TOP: This is one of the few unconverted zombies I've recruited...
He's a classic Grenadier mini who was awaiting Master Necromancer Maksimok.
TOP: I love this pair...
They have that Fritz Leiber Fafhrd & Gray Mouser look!
...only zombie-style!
And two more links:

All about Fritz Leiber:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Leiber
And...
All about Fafhrd & Gray Mouser:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fafhrd_and_the_Gray_Mouser

And at this rate, my dream of recreating the "Army of Darkness" skeleton army siege scene in 28mm might just yet happen!

Long "live" the Deadites!

Have a great Thursday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
A special shout out to Kai AKA FAT GOBLIN! Howdy, mate!

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 11:18 PM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Looking great Maks!

    I've been thinking of adding some Victoran Horror Aspects to my VSF games. I will be looking at either Zombie Prussians, Tsarist werewolves and the like in the future.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, October 05, 2007, Blogger James said…

    Zombies certainly look great fun and I do VSF so would not be too hard to slot some in...somehow have never found any minis that really excited me though. Good to finally see something related to wargaming on your blog!!
    James

     
  • At 8:34 AM, October 08, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    Thanks for writing...

    Can't wait to see you VSF horror elements!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, October 08, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi James,

    Thanks for writing...

    I know what you mean... I'm simply easy to please and love lead figures. However, if they're aren't any that you particularly like, just convert ones that you will!

    And, yes, I was due for some wargaming posts. Good call!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home