6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

COOL STUFF: Star Wars Diagrammed!

.
TOP: Hard to believe that the...
...Two Trilogies could be so easily mapped!
Hi All,

Another quick post today... too much going on between work and my "Life" TM afterwords... I came across the above Star Wars diagram of the "First" and "Second Trilogies" depending on how you count them. At any rate, the diagram represents Episodes I to III and IV through VI. I thought it was pretty cool and I save these kinds of tiny posts for rainy days and, well, it's raining here!

I wish I could say that I've never made a diagram as geeky as the above one, but I have! Such story, setting and plot diagrams are not only something I used to use and teach when I was a teacher, but I also use them playing RPGs and other "ambrosia of the nerds." My students used to love them. I even occasionally use them when reading books or watching movies... my brain is only so big and keeping track of story elements is SO much easier with a graphic representation.

If you'd like to see a bigger version of the above diagram, please follow this link:
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/2007/05/star_wars_diagr.html

I'm also going to give a shout-out to the ubiquitous Jeff, who writes about everything RPG, geeky, and otherwise cool on his blog here:
http://jrients.blogspot.com/

To tempt those of you who have never seen Jeff's blog, I'm going to leave you with his self description:
Farm boy who wanted to grow up, go to the Academy, and join the Rebellion. Ended up a banker instead. Go figure.
Have a great Wednesday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home