6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

PERSONAL NEWS: Big Job Interview Today... Please Wish Me Good Fortune (25 May 2006)!


Hi Everyone,

Well, most of my friends already know me (and the primary readers of this blog) and know that I made a big choice last year to leave the Elementary teaching field... I wasn't teaching in my good conscience and I needed to move on. I still beleive very much in teaching, teachers and helping children, but a combination of the school administration and various regulations didn't allow me to do that. And I couldn't do that and feel good about what I was doing. And at the same time, the Teacher's Union is very much symptomatic of what can go wrong with the labor movement as much as old friends like Ada Brotman, a retired humanities professor friend, can see the merit that the labor movement once had in this country (the USA) and it could have in the future.

At any rate, I've been working a variety of jobs since, many part-time, and have been looking for a new "job" home. Well, I think I might have found it and today's the big interview so please wish me good fortune. I've already been through other interviews for the job (the process is a multi-part one) and this is the end-of-the-line, make-it-or-break-it part. And it's for a very good job, an executive management position with a good salary and full benefits. I have properly prepared for the job and my suit is prepped including my lucky silk tie, but it's always a little scary to go up for a big position. I'm both excited and nervous at the same time.

At any rate, I'm a strong beleiver in the power of positive thinking so please send me your good thoughts, well-wishing, positive karma, prayers and any other fortune that you might have. I always feel better when I know my friends are backing me.

Thanks for being a reader of my blog and I'll get a new entry about my regular Wednesday night gaming up ASAP.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
Todd and Crystal, the infamous TLC unit, had their last gaming soiree with us yesterday (moving to Texas) and I'll miss them alot. Good folks... they have my best wishes!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home