6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, March 09, 2007

WEIRD NEWS: Quirky Star Wars Viewpoints!

.I think we ALL wish we were Han Solo at one time or another...
I wonder... do Wookies get hairballs?

Hi Everyone,

Got a few posts in the works, but thought I'd drop off a few fun graphics (the one above and below) for your perusal:
.
Darth Vader - "Truther" Conspiracy Theory Nut: "Need $$$ to build Deathstar!"

And to top that Darth Beggar photo off, check out this amusing "truther perspective" of how the Deathstar was really destroyed:

http://www.websurdity.com/2007/02/28/uncomfortable-questions-was-the-death-star-attack-an-inside-job/

Yeah, right!
------

I have a great weekend planned:

SATURDAY:
- Visit a bunch of friends at the MWS meeting and play games.
- Link to MWS Yahoo E-group:
- My old buddy Mark should be there who I haven't seen in awhile. Should be lots of fun.
- Mark is hosting a VSF (Victorian Science Fiction) game.
- A link to Mark's photo album (gaming miniatures):
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j213/MACarper/
- Nils will also be hosting a zombie game.
- Check out his blog (lots of photos) here:
- Wish my bro-in-law Vince happy birthday!
- Chill out and work out.


SUNDAY:
- Go see the new movie "The 300" with a group of friends on an IMAX screen.
- Official "The 300" web site:
- The real historical Battle of Thermopylae that inspired the movie:
- A Wiki page for the comic book of "The 300":
- A movie review by Debbie Schlussel of "The 300":
- Possibly go pick up a new bed mattress from an old neighbor.
- Chill out and work out. It should be good.

I have mixed feelings about seeing "The 300." On one hand, I love the history of The Battle of Thermopylae, but on the other hand, the previous film "Sin City" was WAY TOO gory for me. Very tasteless, it was. On the other hand, my buddy Vynnie of RIF (Recon In Force) invited me and he should be there with a number of our other friends... and we get to see it on the giant IMAX screen... so, I guess, if nothing else, the company should trump the film if it's really bad.

Vynnie's web site:

*** Any good weekend plans yourself? ***

Have a great Friday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
Haven't posted a "gratuitous babe" in awhile so here goes:


Notes regarding photos / pictures: These are not all my images. I am using various images from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:23 AM, March 11, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Sounds great - hope it came off well! How was the movie? What VSf did you play?

     
  • At 12:34 AM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    I learned today that our own celebrated General Sir John Monash was the first Jewish man anywhwere to reach the rank of full General.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Monash

     
  • At 2:09 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    Thanks for the trivia tidbit... very interesting.

    The movie was entertaining... I had thought it would be garbage, but I liked it.

    We played Gaslight VSF rules. I took lots of photos and will share them sometime in the next few days as time permits.

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    I knew youd like that- Monash is one of our greatest Genrals. A very interesting man, he was an engineer and self made buisness man before WW1 and not a career soldier at all. He was proclamed by Monty to have been 'the best General on the Western Front'. There were rumours that he was in line to succeed Haig as Supreme Commander, but that would have been poorly accepted by the rest of the English I think.

    I am most pleased to hear you enjoyed your VSF, I am envious Sahib. I look forward to seeing your pics in a white wine sauce!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home