6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, September 22, 2006

PERSONAL NEWS: Shana Tova! Happy New Year!

.Hi Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy, safe and prosperous New Year!

I wish my Muslim readers a peaceful and enjoyable Ramadan with your family and friends.

And my Christian readers and everyone else... errrr, Happy Autumn!

The Jewish New Year begins at sundown tonight, Friday 22 September 2006.

The Jewish year is 5767 ...(Counting the years since the creation of Adam and Eve).

The proper greeting in Hebrew for the Jewish New Year is Shana Tova: Shana means year and Tova means good.

May we all have a Shana Tova!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
You can learn more about the Jewish New Year holiday or Rosh Hoshanah here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Hashanah

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home