6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, September 11, 2006

HASBARA: Remembering 9/11 in 2006...

.

Hi Everyone,

Today is one of those landmarks of modern history... 9/11... September 11th...

This is the five year anniversary of the most devastating attack on American soil ever. 9-11 is my generation's Pearl Harbor. I only hope that we don't forget. I never will.

I post today in memory of the victims.

A poem by Wislawa Szymborska
Winner of the 1996 Nobel Prize for Literature.
(Hat tip: Canadian Lady.)
(Hat tip: Little Green Footballs.)

PHOTOGRAPH FROM SEPTEMBER 11

They jumped from the burning floors
one, two, a few more,
higher, lower.

The photograph halted them in life,
and now keeps them
above the earth toward the earth.

Each is still complete,
with a particular face
and blood well hidden.

There’s enough time
for hair to come loose,
for keys and coins
to fall from pockets.

They’re still within the air’s reach,
within the compass of places
that have just now opened.

I can do only two things for them
describe this flight
and not add a last line.

Here's a list of the victims:
http://briefurl.com/9-11_Victims

Here's a film from MEMRI showing part of the world's reaction to the horrific events of 9/11:
http://briefurl.com/MEMRI_9-11_Film

Cox & Forkum have an incredible number of 9/11 links you can access:
http://briefurl.com/CF_Links

And lastly my friend Abba Gav is participating in a program to commemorate each of the 2,996 victims and he pays his respects to Angel Pabon, one of the 9/11 victims:
http://briefurl.com/Gav_

May this never happen again.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home