6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, April 24, 2006

PERSONAL NEWS: "I attended the PROM very pinkly."

Hi Everyone,

I had to share this:

PROM, 2006.

Well that's that then. Lisa and I attended the final event of the fellowship year very pinkly.

Cheers,
Chuck.

"You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here."

And that's Chuck if you know him... always full of off-the-wall jokes and quirky... well... quirks. Little quirks like using colors for adverbs...

Anf if you look at his signature line, it's a line from the early computer era from a classic game called "Zork."

He, Eric, Ralph and I got together a number of times during the past year or so and had "guys day/night out." We always had a good time together just being happy geeks.

Chuck's wife, Lisa, enlisted me in the planning for Chuck's surprise birthday party last year... I think we surprised him too! My job was to keep him out of the house and distracted... an easy job for a game geek.

Chuck and his wife, Lisa, are away on this huge work trip / scholarship around the world right now. She's a journalist that works for The Sacramento Bee and won a fancy award that has allowed them to travel to Argentina, Turkey and I don't know exactly where else!

That's a picture of Eric above... taken at the ConQuest Sac 2006 gaming convention. I still don't have a photo of Ralph even though we have saw quite a bit of each other. Chuck didn't get a chance to see the photos from conQuest Sac 2006 so here's a link to them:

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/Maksim-Smelchak/ConQuest%20Sac%202006/

Have a great Monday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home