6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, July 03, 2005

MODELLING: Work Station or Not!

Hi Guys,

I wish I could say that I have a proper work area, but I don't.

I primarily use three areas for modelling and hobby work:

1. A DESK IN MY TINY APARTMENT BEDROOM:
- I have very small desk in my bedroom, that when cleared off functions as a work surface.
- My grandfather who was a carpenter and upholsterer made it from wood and it measure about 2'x1.5'...
- I have it covered with a spare board I fit to cut the top that I cover with newspaper and a custom-cut model cutting matte when I work with sharp and pointy tools.
- I've painted a very large amount of figures at this little desk, but it is covered with detritus at the moment.

2. THE KITCHEN TABLE:
- My roommate and I dod not have a proper kitchen table... we use a fold-up table that I bought several years ago for a steal.
- It is covered with a plastic tablecloth and a nice sheet for the end where we eat.
- The far end of the table stores our radio, some CDs and a small GW shipping box or two of my models for when I work on them.
- I seem to do most of my assembling, glueing and finishing of models here.

3. THE OUTSIDE PORCH:
- I use the outside porch for spraypainting AKA priming and messy terrain work.
- I've made several terrain projects out on the porch as well as a ton of priming.
- I have made two terrain projects in the near past: the Mars Forgeworld boards and the Agriworld boards.

And, in the future (I plan to move later this Summer), I hope to dedicate the entire kitchen table to a modelling area and buy a proper kitchen table. Until then, I'm stuck using the ramshackle work areas that I presently use.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
I don't have any photos of my work areas at the moment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home