6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Friday, June 24, 2005

MODELLING: White Rat's Advice on Glue!

Hi Everyone,

My friend White Rat, one of the greatest OGRE miniature modellers and collectors around, posted this good advice about a new (Or not so new... ) kind of glue.

As a side note, I think Tas knows White Rat whose real name is John Perchalski.

White Rat:
Another note on glues and superglues:

Loctite Super Glue Gel.

The stuff in the stupid-looking plastic bottle with squeeze ears that for years I never bought because I couldn't imagine paying money for what was clearly nothing more than a costly package to drive the price up instead of having more glue.

Then I used some at a friend's house to repair a mini.

This stuff comes out of the spout in a ROD about a millimeter across that doesn't even begin to flex under its own weight until it is a cm long.

It's THICK. It's MUCH thicker than any of the other super-glue gels including the hobbyist 'super thick' special gels. I now use it anywhere I need to stick a piece that isn't easily supportable while it dries, and it HOLDS.

GOOD stuff. Worth the extra forty cents.
You can find the original post at this E-group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFBay_OGRE/

I also posted this message at Epicomms forum.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home