6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

NOVELS: "Uller Uprising" by H. Beam Piper!

Hi Guys,

I was reminded earlier today that I just recently reread the old classic "Uller Uprising" by H. Beam Piper just a few months ago.

The story of "Uller Uprising" is based on the Sepoy Mutiny from the history of Colonial India and has a number of great sci-fi twists including a planet with a corrosive atmosphere, non-carbon-based lifeforms, giant lizards, skyships, native levies and fissionable weapons.

GREAT BOOK!

I highly recommend it.

Shabbat Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home