6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

COOL STUFF: "Star Wars in France!" (14 May 2008)

. TOP: Darth Vader clearly knows how to...
Dominate French apartment blocks.

Hi All,

I had a busy weekend with Mothers Day and all, and barely got to touch my models. My mother and sister both love drinking tea and collecting tea cups and that's what we did... head off to a British tea house and have a tea party, from appetizers to horsdoeuvres and multiple courses of tea, of course, we did it all.

In gaming news, my 28mm Barbary Pirates crew is nearly done and I've started putting together a 28mm Orc-Gobbo pirate crew. Thanks to the awesome folks at Black Cat Miniatures, I have a few new goblins, some excellent sculpts of some Gobbo natives and a few more piratey greenskins in tricornes with cutlasses and flintlocks. I hope to share pictures when available.

I haven't written about Star Wars in some time although I have plenty of material to farm out when I have more time to blog again. There are some rumors that a new Star Wars television series will soon be coming out. I've heard conflicting rumors that the new series might be animated or live action. I have no idea as to the veracity of the rumors.

The below link is very clever insertion of Star Wars characters and images into still life photos taken in France. I thought they were very clever and would invite you to take a look. I enjoyed them. I always knew that France always had a bit of "evil empire" lurking under its "wine & snails" exterior... LOL ;o)


============

This year, 2008, has also a tremendous year for history, between folks like Arthur C. Clarke, Gary Gyax, and so many others, we've really lost some major history makers. May they all rest in peace. One of the most recent deaths I heard of was of a woman named Irena Sendler, an amazing Polish-Catholic woman who represents what I find good in the world. You see, she rescued upwards of 2,500 Jewish children from the Nazi Holocaust. The Nazis later captured her and tortured her, but she was able to escape and has always taken pride in her actions to save those children. Her story is an amazing one and well worth reading.

Link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irena_Sendler

May Irena Sendler rest in peace.

Have a great Wednesday!
Good gaming to you!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (...if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, June 01, 2008, Blogger James said…

    Hi Maksim,

    I remembered you and thought I would look in and I read a few posts. The one about the taxi driver was very humbling.
    Your new job must be keeping you very busy. [sigh], work is the curse of the wargaming classes...
    I haven't had a game for over 6 months but have recently restarted painting.
    Feel free to visit my blog and comment

    James

     
  • At 4:10 AM, June 04, 2008, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Hey buddy - long time no hear.
    Hope you are OK

    Tas

     
  • At 4:52 AM, June 04, 2008, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi Tas,

    I'll write you a letter by E-mail... Sorry, just keeping busy and all!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, June 04, 2008, Blogger MaksimSmelchak said…

    Hi James,

    Thanks for writing.

    And, yes, the new job has been keeping me very busy.

    I visited your blog and enjoyed it, but I recommend putting up more photos. It keeps it more interesting for your readers.

    Good gaming to you!

    Shalom,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home