6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Monday, October 03, 2005

GAMING NEWS: TMP Gladiator Contest! - Part #2.

Hi Everyone,

Andrew and I were WINNERS in the contest! Yeah! Huzzah!

We were sent a copy of the Hail Caesar! gladiator game rules and Andrew might even have them already.

We'll probably get together sometime in the next week or two to read them over and get in our first game. We'll take photos and hopefully, by then, I'll know how to posts those photos here on my blog.

Andrew mentioned that he'll start building an arena if he has time. I'm guessing that he won't have time though because his children's soccer season has started and he's such a dedicated parent. I've always liked that about him. It's good to get reminders like that that the world does work and the roses do smell beautifully if you take the time to look and notice them.

The final results of the contest can be found here at the TMP site in the OCTOBER 2005 part of the "From the Editor" area:

http://theminiaturespage.com/editorial/index.mv

Here are the results of the poll:

http://theminiaturespage.com/polls/362159373/

And here are the essays that Andrew and I wrote:

http://theminiaturespage.com/contest/entry/hailrevall.mv?id=30

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home