6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

MINI WARGAMING: "Proud Wargaming Dad Moments!" (4 November 2007)

.
TOP: Some things just do a Wargaming Dad proud!
Hi All,

I read several wargaming forums and I read this the other day ago and it made me smile. Hope it gives you naches (warm feelings of pride) too:

I would like to share a special Wargaming Dad moment with you guys.

I have been trying to get hold of some if the great WW1 Wings of War minis (1/144 scale) but here in Oz, they are rather scarce. Then along comes a friend in the States who buys some from his local shop and ships them to me in Australia.

When they arrived this week my six-year-old son helped me open the box, pulled one out one and said:

"This looks just like Biggle's Sopwith Camel in France"

And indeed he was holding a Sopwith Camel!

What a proud moment for a Wargaming Dad!

My buddy Tas in Australia is a great guy and talk of his family always brings a smile to my face. I really love our hobby. I almost wish I had children myself. Maybe someday...

Have a great Sunday!

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, November 04, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Gday Maks,

    Indeed it was a special moment! I'm glad other people understand that too, and its not just me being a wonderfully proud father

    cheers,Tas

     
  • At 6:48 PM, November 04, 2007, Blogger James said…

    Hello Maksim,

    I read your previous entry about the undead Romans (and your plans for your whole undead army) with interest. I checked out all your links too because I have also been curious about the Zvesda fantasy stuff.
    My local model shop can get Zvesda by special order but I have never been sufficiently moved to order any yet.
    Tas is training his boy very well..my nine year old does not even recognise a Sherman tank yet...maybe I have been negligent...

    James

     
  • At 8:47 PM, November 13, 2007, Blogger Paul O'G said…

    Thanks James!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home