6mm-Minis

6mm-Minis is Maksim-Smelchak's blog to discuss gaming, miniatures, books, movies, food, Israel, Judaism, life in general and other funny crud. My favorite scale of miniatures is 6mm, which is also called 1/285 or 1/300 scale. I enjoy many different kinds of games including ancients, Napoleonics, WWI, WWII, the Arab-Israeli conflict, Car Wars AKA Autoduel (a sort of crash'n'derby automobile combat game), 6mm Godzilla AKA Kaiju games, and science fiction games. I'm open to everything though!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

WEIRD NEWS: Urban Ninjas In 'Da Hood! Watch Out!

Hi Everyone,

Just when you think the world might just be approaching a level of normality, something like this happens...

And, wow, I had no idea that folks all over were doing "urban ninja" training in malls and urban development projects around the world!

And these guys are good... very talented acrobats! I think that they were inspired by both Bruce Lee Kung Fu videos and... the indubitable Jackie Chan! Very fun!

I was browsing one of my favorite web sites, TMP (The Miniatures Page), when I came across this post:

"Urban Ninja Video?"

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=72177

Check out these two videos:

======
- Asian Urban Ninjas

http://www.badongo.com/vid.php?file=ninja+video__2006-02-20_chew.wmv&s=black&ad=na

This guys features some "urban extreme gymnastics" and a bunch of footage of him doing back and forward flips at his dojo. He also had a few clips of what are obviously him and his friends recreating manga fight scenes. The music accompaniment isn't bad either, especially compared to the "Russian Urban Ninja" video below...

======
- Russian Urban Ninjas

http://videobomb.com/posts/show/46

- The Russian video is alot longer, something like eight minutes compared to the roughly three of its Asian counterpart, but the Russian "Ninja" is just as amazing or more... But while his acrobatics are amazing, the accompanying music is a little less... well, fantastic. You see, Russia, has always had a fascination with things foreign and, even during periods of paranoia and xenophobia, they still had it.
.


.
- So, knowing that fact, what music did these guys pick? You probably didn't guess it... and never would... French rap! Yes, French rap! I'd still check it out, but I recommend turning the sound down a wee bit... I can appreciate some rap, but I don't think I'm ready for the words "French" and "rap" together...

- And as a side note, the little bit of Russian dialogue in the film is a tad funny... They should have had bad subtitling with the Asian film theme and all.

======

Enjoy your Sunday!

Chag Sameach and Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

P.S.
I made my first pot of Matzo Ball soup yesterday evening so it's starting to really feel like Passover this year! Gut Pesach!

P.S.S.
Happy Easter Sunday to my Christian friends!

Notes regarding photos / pictures / videos: These are not all my images and videos. I am using various images and videos from around the web, mostly from public sources and/or private sources used with permission. I have tried to include only images and videos under public domain, creative commons, or fair use. If I have inadvertently violated any copyrights, please inform me and I will remove your image/s (if it is indeed an infringement).

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home